20 December 201013
Designing to Music
I don’t think I’m alone when I say music is a massive inspiration to me as a designer. It’s almost like another design tool. I find listening to music when I work makes me more adventurous in my design and it seems to facilitate creativity.
It won’t be to everyone’s taste but I’ve compiled a new Spotify playlist of the sort of music I’m listening to at the moment. It’s called Alternative Durge 2.
Below is a list of the songs and artists featured on Alternative Durge 2.
- Photoshop Handsome by Everything Everything
- Latin America by Holy Fuck
- I L U by School of Seven Bells
- Our Lady of Lourdes by Paul Smith
- TAOS by Menomena
- Northern Skies by I am Kloot
- England by The National
- The Salesman (Tramp Life) by White Rabbits
- Intro by XX
- Up and Down by Chad Valley
- Sun by Caribou
- 61 by The Kissaway Trail
- Poor Animal by Zola Jesus
- Spanish Sahara by Foals
- Undertow by Warpaint
- The Answer by UNKLE
- Not in Love by Crystal Castles (Featuring Robert Smith)
- You by Gold Panda
- Welcome to Lunar Industries by Clint Mansell
Would be cool to hear what you guys are listening to right now.